Running in Las Teresitas
Las Teresitas is certainly the perfect setting for your usual workout routine and enjoy the many advantages of running next to the sea. This beach is a perfect opportunity to perform exercises and different techniques of this sport that will help you developing a better resistance and speed. And at the end of your session there is nothing more refreshing than enjoying the anti-stress power of swimming in the sea.
- Remember starting your session in areas of wet sand. The ground is firmer, which will serve to heat and will allow us to run later more safely on the dry sand, where the tread is heavier and unstable.
- The more recommended hours for running in Las Teresitas are the firsts and lasts of the day, due to its lower exposure to solar radiation and less amount of people, reducing the number of obstacles.
- It's important to stay hydrated and use sunscreen.
- If you're not used to run barefoot, it's advisable to alternate it with other longer footwear, in order to get accustomed to your feet and avoid injuries.
- Is advisable to walk in both ways, since due to the difference in height that has the shore, you can end up forcing your muscles too much on one side of the hip.
- If in recent months you have suffered some sort of injury, avoid running on sand since you could fall. As an alternative, you can use the parking area or run into the water, which will help you working your muscle strength, always following the recommendations of your specialist.